Wednesday, January 5, 2011
New Years resolutions.
Yes I know I've been somewhat MIA lately. But that's a good sign, believe it or not. The less time I spend in front of my computer the richer my social life is and the more actual productive stuff I get done during the day. This isn't to say that I don't think blogging is productive, I've actually had the mind to do it the past few days. But when it comes between me sitting in front of my computer or spending it with friends that I may or may not see for another year, I think the answer is pretty obvious.
I welcomed 2011 in a calm sort of way. I was feeling under the weather so I didn't drink and opted for a quiet evening talking to friends and watching movies. Who said every New Years Eve had to be a full scale, get-pissed-drunk type of party? Besides I had my share of craziness with a friend just the day before and I felt like I deserved some down time. It was relaxing and enjoyable non-the-less which is all that's important :D.
Ok now it's onto the New years resolutions. This theme might continue through a few posts because I have a feeling as time goes on and I have more time to think about what I really want to accomplish during this coming year, I will want to "add on" to this list. But here are a few things I know without a shadow of a doubt that I want to strive to achieve.
- Step out of my comfort zone more. This can be relating to trying new foods, to participating in new activities, being open to new situations and experiences. I feel I've lived a sheltered, cloistered life for so long (all of it being my own doing) that it's high time to break free.
- Be more social. I tend to lock myself in my little world that I only let a few select people into. I want to reach out more and let others get to know the "real" me. Sure, I do fear rejection and ridicule but I need to learn to be comfortable in my own skin irregardless of what people think of me.
- Become more confident with myself - body image, personality, abilities- the whole nine yards.
- Get into University or start working.
- Go to Venice.
- Pursue my dreams and do things I WANT to do as opposed to what I SHOULD do. I tend to be guided by a sense of duty as opposed to passion. I want to be involved in something I am passionate about, something that makes me exited to wake up in the morning. At the same times I am a realist and if I feel that a certain thing is beyond my grasp I don't even strive to achieve it. But it's time to put an end to that and shoot for the stars :D
I finally bought some batteries for my camera that will (fingers crossed) make it work. So hopefully there will be some more interesting picture posts in the near future. In the meantime I have a question for all of you. Are you a dreamer or more of a realist?