Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A new start.

It's time for a new start.

When I first started this blog I was at the very beginning stages of my recovery. Reading through old posts I wonder who the person writing was, because they seem strange and unfamiliar. I was a person still very much consumed in my ED, but fighting with every breath to find her way out. Every day was a struggle, a mental battle. I had to ignore the voices that told me I was fat and worthless, that I didn't deserve to ea, that I didn't need food, every minute of every day. It was an exhausting, tiering battle, and there are times I wanted to give up. But I didn't...

Today, I'm proud to say that things are vastly different. Those voices are silent for the most part, and my ED no longer defines who I am. It no longer controls my choices, my lifestyle, my personality. I am stepping out of this dark tunnel that has been my life for so long into a much brighter, more exiting future. I still battle at times, there are days when my old ways seem more appealing then not, but I am much stronger now then in times past. My life is full of excitement and promise, and I'm more then ready to embrace it.

So the era of "smiling through tears" is just about over, because I hardly cry any more. My life is now full of smiles and laughter, challenges and new adventures waiting to be uncovered. So I've started a new blog: http://anewstarttoday.wordpress.com/ and I hope to see you all there.

4 comments:

  1. This is so good to hear, L. I have greatly enjoyed following along on your journey. You have been a huge source of encouragement to me, so thank you. I'm proud of you for taking these steps.

    Take care!
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, L!!! <3 Congratulations on all of your successes and newfound happiness! It has been wonderful reading your blog and I'll be sure to check out your new one!

    ReplyDelete